I was talking with a relative about study. It seems he too is interested in studying part time as he manages his expanding company. Study is something we can do through our whole life, it doesn’t have to end in our 20s. If there were more mature aged students I think society on the whole would benefit too….
After a break of 28 years and returning to study this is how I feel-
1. Mature aged students work hard.
2. Mature aged students are valued by their teachers as they are prepared to take risks in class and speak up and participate.
3. Mature aged students are wonderful examples to their younger counterparts
4. The age difference between myself and the other students didn’t represent a problem and even if it did I didn’t care
5. There were also health benefits in going to back to study as rather than go out and eat and drink I preferred to stay at home and study
6. You are respected for your efforts and you are also become a great model for others.
Look at all of these benefits! Not bad when you are doing something you REALLY enjoy!!